FAYETTE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama have found the body of a woman reported missing several weeks ago.
News outlets report Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office investigators found the body of 31-year-old Ashley Tennell Watkins on Wednesday.
Deputies say Watkins left her mother's home with her dog on Dec. 9 to visit a friend in Fayette and never returned. It's unclear what happened to the dog.
Watkins' cause of death is pending an autopsy.
- Missing woman found dead in rural Alabama county
- Missing Alabama woman found dead near railroad tracks
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Coahoma County woman found dead
- Missing Hattiesburg man found dead
- Sheriff: Alabama girl reported missing has been found dead
- 2 detained in case of missing Alabama man found dead
- Body of missing woman found
- Missing Mississippi woman, 30, found dead in Florida
- Alabama agency: Councilman found dead killed woman then self