PASCAGOULA, Miss. (AP) — The body of a Mississippi man who has been missing since Saturday has been found in a lake.
WLOX-TV reported that Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell said that the body of Matthew Sloan was found in the water Monday morning.
Ezell said Sloan's sports utility vehicle was found in Parker's Lake between Hurley and Vancleave.
His family on Sunday reported that he had not been seen since Saturday night. Family members said Sloan had gone to a store and did not return.
The sheriff said a crew used sonar from a boat to find the vehicle. Divers then went into the water to investigate.
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Man's body found in Mississippi lake
- Alabama sheriff identifies body of missing man found in lake
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Body found near Mississippi home may be missing Arkansas man
- Body of missing woman found
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Police: Man's body found behind vacant Mississippi building
- Police: Man's body found in ditch off Mississippi road