PASCAGOULA, Miss. (AP) — The body of a Mississippi man who has been missing since Saturday has been found in a lake.
WLOX-TV reported that Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell said that the body of Matthew Sloan was found in the water Monday morning.
Ezell said Sloan's sports utility vehicle was found in Parker's Lake between Hurley and Vancleave.
His family on Sunday reported that he had not been seen since Saturday night. Family members said Sloan had gone to a store and did not return.
The sheriff said a crew used sonar from a boat to find the vehicle. Divers then went into the water to investigate.
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Elderly man's body found after Mississippi apartment fire
- Police: Man's body found behind vacant Mississippi building
- Police: Man's body found in ditch off Mississippi road
- 3 arrested after body of Mississippi man found in freezer
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body