BESSEMER, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say the body of a missing 22-year-old woman has been found near railroad tracks in Bessemer.
Bessemer police Chief Mike Roper tells Al.com that the body of Crystal Vasquez was found Sunday afternoon by family members who were searching the area.
Vasquez was reported missing to Birmingham police on March 6. Roper says it's unclear why the family was searching for Vazquez near the Bessemer train tracks.
He says her death is unclassified at this time and there were no obvious signs of foul play. An autopsy to determine Vazquez's cause of death is set for Monday at the Jefferson County Coroner's Office.
- Missing Alabama woman found dead near railroad tracks
- Missing woman found dead in rural Alabama county
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Woman killed in collision at railroad crossing in Alabama
- Sheriff: Alabama girl reported missing has been found dead
- Alabama agency: Councilman found dead killed woman then self
- Missing Mississippi woman, 30, found dead in Florida
- Man charged in the death of man found by railroad tracks
- Man, woman found dead in apartment
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance