ITTA BENA, Miss. (WTVA) - A memorial will be unveiled this weekend to honor the soldiers killed in a military plane crash in 2017.
On July 10, 2017, 15 Marines and one sailor lost their lives in a plane crash in Itta Bena.
Mississippi Valley State University will host a memorial service on Saturday, July 14 at 10 a.m. The cermoney will be held at the H.G. Carpenter building on campus.
A memorial will be unveiled following the ceremony at the Leflore County Incubator, across from the campus.
- Memorial to be unveiled honoring soldiers killed in 2017 plane crash
- Mississippi honors Marine plane crash victims with memorial
- Soldier accused of killing another soldier in Colorado
- Money for memorial to honor activist killed by KKK approved
- Pilot killed when small plane crashes in south Mississippi
- 1 man killed as small plane crashes in central Mississippi
- Small plane crashes in Orange Beach, Alabama
- Grand jury gets case of soldier charged in officer's killing
- Meridian honors police officer's memory by naming building
- Memorial to honor slain Mississippi voting rights activist