BREAKING NEWS State issues Endangered/Missing Child Alert for Scott County teenager Full Story
WEATHER AUTHORITY : Flash Flood Watch - Flash Flood Warning - Flood Advisory View Alerts

Space heater blamed for massive motel fire in Jackson

Updated - According to Division Chief Cleotha Sanders, with the Jackson Fire Department, the fire was started by a space heater.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 12:54 PM
Updated: Feb 7, 2020 3:13 PM

JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Hilltop Inn & Suites in Jackson was engulfed in flames Friday morning, WLBT-TV reports.

One person was injured while he or she was trying to escape the fire.

Source: WLBT

Source: WLBT

Source: WLBT

The motel appears to be a total loss.

According to Division Chief Cleotha Sanders, with the Jackson Fire Department, the fire was started by a space heater.

Article Comments

Tupelo
Overcast
63° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 63°
Columbus
Overcast
66° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 66°
Oxford
Overcast
54° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 54°
Starkville
Overcast
63° wxIcon
Hi: 65° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 63°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather