PERKINSTON, Miss. (AP) — Investigators seek to arrest a south Mississippi man who disappeared after deputies began looking for his missing wife and found human remains.
Family members told Pearl River County sheriff's deputies they hadn't seen or spoken to Charles Bowman's wife, 61-year-old Kathleen Bowman, since spending Mother's Day with her on May 13.
Local news outlets report deputies visited the home Wednesday and spoke to Bowman outside. Sheriff's Chief Investigator Marc Ogden says Bowman, also 61, told deputies his wife wasn't home.
Ogden says deputies returned with a warrant Thursday and found human remains inside the house. Ogden says investigators will use DNA testing to determine whether they're remains of Kathleen Bowman or someone else.
Bowman is wanted for felony aggravated domestic assault and providing false information to a law enforcement officer.
- Man wanted after search for missing wife finds human remains
- Man charged after hunters find remains of missing woman
- Mississippi man wanted in wife's death arrested in Utah
- Hikers find human skull in northwest Alabama
- Remains ID'd as those of Alabama man missing since 2016
- Coroner: Human remains found in DeSoto National Forest
- Man, first wife charged in killing of second wife
- Court finds man competent for trial in slaying of wife, son
- Search continues for man missing in Alabama since October
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife