TUNICA, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi authorities say a 29-year-old man has turned himself in for questioning in connection with a fatal shooting in a Waffle House parking lot.
The Tunica County Sheriff's Office tells WREG-TV and WHBQ-TV that Antonio Jasper surrendered Tuesday in connection with the shooting that killed 24-year-old Jeremy Jones of Tunica and wounded Ladarious Hibbler.
An online jail roster shows Jasper was being held without bond Wednesday in Tunica County as a fugitive from another jurisdiction. It did not show the jurisdiction or the charge there.
The shootings occurred around 2 a.m. Sunday in a car outside the restaurant in the unincorporated community of Robinsonville, near Tunica.
Authorities said Hibbler was shot more than once but was released from a hospital after treatment.
- Man turns self in for questioning in Waffle House shooting
- Man charged in Waffle House double shooting that left 1 dead
- Mississippi man arrested, wanted for questioning in death
- Education executive questioned on contracts will resign
- Mississippi casino sale canceled after antitrust questions
- City leaders question school district borrowing plans
- Sanctions upheld against band after questionable program
- Man killed in parking shooting in Jackson
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- Man fatally shoots self in hospital elevator