JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Prosecutors say man 28-year-old man has pleaded guilty to the sexual abuse of a minor in Mississippi.
U.S. Attorney Mike Hurst told news outlets that Jaylon Thomas told a judge on Tuesday he sexually abused a minor. Officers spoke with the minor victim who was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center for treatment.
Thomas will be sentenced by a judge on Sept. 25.
He faces a maximum penalty of life in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Man pleads guilty to sexual abuse of minor in Mississippi
- Man pleaded guilty to kidnapping, sexual abuse of girl, 4
- Mississippi man pleads guilty in 'Vote Trump' church arson
- Man pleads guilty to murder in death of Mississippi teen
- 3 from Mississippi plead guilty in Louisiana man's death
- Prosecutor: Mississippi man to plead guilty in nuns' deaths
- Man pleads guilty in Mississippi shooting death last year
- Another man pleads guilty in huge Mississippi pharmacy fraud
- Mississippi man pleads guilty to murder in 2013 robbery
- Mississippi Catholic diocese identifies clergy members accused of sexual abuse