OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama prosecutor says a man convicted of killing a couple in a 2016 car crash while eluding police has been sentenced to life in prison.
Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes tells the Opelika-Auburn News that 35-year-old Antonio Reese was sentenced Tuesday. The Auburn resident was found guilty in November on two counts of reckless murder regarding a crash that killed 58-year-old Dennis Richard Finley and 51-year-old Rhonda Finley, and injured two others.
The crash happened after a car sped away from an Opelika police officer trying to pull it over. The officer lost sight of the car after the attempted traffic stop, but later found it crashed with another car that had the Finleys and two other people inside.
It's unclear if Reese has a lawyer who could comment.
- Man gets life sentence for deadly crash while eluding police
- Mobile man gets life sentence in teen's slaying
- Man in Alabama sentenced to life for slaying step-father
- Alabama man sentenced to life in teen's Mississippi death
- Man arrested on felony charge after deadly crash in Alabama
- Man indicted in deadly Shoals Creek boat crash
- Man sentenced to life after dead woman found tied to tree
- New charges for Alabama man in deadly July 4 boating crash
- MHP investigates deadly car crash involving two adults, 4 children
- Alabama man gets life in roommate's slaying