SAMSON, Ala. (AP) — A man has been charged with manslaughter in a hit-and-run in Alabama.
The Dothan Eagle reported that Rolondo Rax Tiul was arrested early Saturday and also charged with leaving the scene of an accident in Samson.
Police and sheriff's deputies found Manuel Caal behind a vehicle late Friday night. Caal was taken to a hospital where he died.
Tiul is being held in the Geneva County jail. It was not known if he has a lawyer.
The preliminary investigation shows Caal was on the rear bumper of the vehicle when Tiul backed up and over Caal and then drove over him. Police Chief Jimmy Hill said it did not appear intentional.
A witness said Tiul left the scene on foot and did not try to call for help.
- Man faces manslaughter charge in Alabama hit and run
- Alabama man faces 6,547 child porn charges
- Alabama woman facing rape charge
- Alabama officer facing assault charge
- Alabama man who withdrew plea convicted of manslaughter
- Mississippi man charged with manslaughter in father's death
- Man charged with manslaughter in Mississippi shooting death
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Teen charged with manslaughter in sister's shooting death
- Ex-Alabama elementary teacher faces student sex charge