MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a man has died in a Montgomery fire - the first fire fatality in the city this year.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that the man was found in a bedroom of a home on Lower Wetumpka Road Wednesday.
Montgomery Fire/Rescue Sgt. O.J. Whiting said the man was located in a bedroom and was confirmed a fire fatality.
Whiting said a second person escaped the blaze, as relatives and neighbors were able to pull that person out.
The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
- Man dies in Montgomery blaze, city's 1st fire death of 2017
- Boy, 2, dies in Friday morning house fire in Montgomery
- Fire officials: 1 person killed in Birmingham blaze
- Bikesharing coming to Montgomery in August
- Woman faces charges in 2017 death of Tennessee man
- 2 shot, 1 dead in Montgomery double shooting
- Montgomery officer paid for 18 months before guilty plea
- Montgomery woman named Alabama teacher of the year
- Body found near Montgomery street was that of 16-year-old
- Mississippi couple dies in house fire