JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man is dead and another man is in custody after a shooting in Mississippi.
Jackson police tell news outlets that 30-year-old Courtney Butler died Saturday.
Police Sgt. Roderick Holmes says officers learned Butler and 24-year-old Traunta Moore had been talking outside a home. Shots rang out, and Moore was seen fleeing the scene.
Holmes says Butler was taken to a hospital in a private vehicle after police arrived. He had been shot multiple times and was rushed into surgery, but died shortly afterward.
Moore surrendered himself to police and was charged with murder. It is unclear if he has a lawyer.
- Man dead, suspect in custody after shooting in Mississippi
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- 2 dead after Mississippi convenience store shooting
- 1 dead in shooting at Mississippi nightclub
- 1 dead after south Mississippi police shooting
- 1 man dead, another injured after Mississippi shooting
- 1 man dead in early morning shooting in Mississippi
- Man dead, 2 injured, in central Mississippi shooting
- Officer shoots suspect at Mississippi gas station
- Police: Man suspected of robbery in custody after car chase