JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man is dead after he fell from a water tower in Mississippi.
WLBT-TV reports a person mowing grass found the body shortly before noon Monday near Butts Park in Jackson.
Jackson police Cpl. Colendua Green said it appears the man's pants got caught on a part of the water tower. Green said that caused him "to lose his grip, and he fell to his death."
The man's name was not immediately known. Police were working Monday to confirm his identity and notify the man's family.
Green said people frequently climb the tower, creating "a dangerous situation, due to the fact that it is a high water tower."
- Man dead after falling from water tower in Jackson
- Police ID man found dead at Jackson State apartment
- Worker dies after fall from Mississippi cell tower
- Jackson starting to resolve problems with water billing
- With acid problems, Jackson renews drinking water warnings
- Jackson Zoo workers get pay cuts as revenue keeps falling
- Man killed in parking shooting in Jackson
- Silver Alert issued for missing Jackson man
- Storms impact Jackson Zoo
- UPDATE: MBI cancels silver alert; Jackson man found safe