BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot and killed another man during a family gathering in Alabama.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian tells AL.com 26-year-old Clifford Montez Hinkle is charged with murder in the Saturday night death of 44-year-old Keith Duncan.
Deputies were called to a reported shooting at a home in the Grayson Valley area and found Duncan suffering from several gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at a hospital shortly after 9:30 p.m.
The preliminary investigation shows the victim and suspect had been in an argument. Investigators do not know a motive as Hinkle has not cooperated.
Hinkle was booked into the county jail Sunday afternoon on $100,000 bond.
AL.com did not report whether Hinkle had a lawyer.
- Man charged with murder in shooting at Alabama family party
- Man charged with murder in 2016 Alabama man's disappearance
- Ex-police recruit charged with murder in Alabama shooting
- Former North Alabama player charged in murder
- Man charged in shooting at barbershop in Alabama
- Alabama man faces 6,547 child porn charges
- Alabama man charged with killing his father
- Capital murder charges dismissed for 2 Alabama men
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Alabama man pleads guilty in 2013 double murder