FLORENCE, Miss. (AP) — A man has been arrested and charged with manslaughter in a shooting death in Mississippi.
Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said in a news release that 61-year-old Donald Snead was arrested Thursday and is being held in the county jail.
Snead is charged in the Wednesday shooting death of 65-year-old James Wilson of Mendenhall.
Deputies were called to Florence around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and the victim's son lead them to Wilson, who had been shot in the chest. He was treated at the scene and flown to the University Medical Center in Jackson where he died.
It was not known if Snead has an attorney yet who could comment on the charge.
Deputies have not released a motive in the shooting.
- Man charged with manslaughter in Mississippi shooting death
- Mississippi man charged with manslaughter in father's death
- Teen charged with manslaughter in sister's shooting death
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- Man faces manslaughter charge in Alabama hit and run
- Mississippi investigates shooting death of official's father
- 3 men charged with Mississippi weekend death
- Mississippi man indicted in shooting deaths of 8 people
- Man pleads guilty in Mississippi shooting death last year
- Second man arrested in shooting death of Mississippi pastor