VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi have charged a man in the death of a man whose body was found by railroad tracks.
News outlets report that 30-year-old James Reynolds was charged with several offenses that include armed robbery and capital murder in the Saturday shooting death of 28-year-old Eddie James Burns.
The Vicksburg Post reports Reynolds was also charged with shooting into an occupied vehicle, which involved an unrelated incident Friday.
Sgt. Johnnie Edwards says Vicksburg police and family members found Burn's body lying in a grassy area next to the railroad tracks around Sunday 3.p.m.
Burns had sustained what appeared to be multiple gunshot wounds to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene.
It's unclear if Reynolds has a lawyer.
- Man charged in the death of man found by railroad tracks
- Man charged in the shooting death of another man
- Mississippi man found burned to death in car identified
- Man found shot to death in car in Alabama
- Man found shot to death on Gulfport street
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi
- Man charged in connection with 91-year-old woman's death
- Woman faces charges in 2017 death of Tennessee man
- Man charged with murder in deaths of wife, stepdaughter
- Authorities: Man charged with murder in his mother's death