IRONDALE, Ala. (AP) — A man has been arrested after car crash killed a 73-year-old woman in Alabama earlier this month.
Jefferson County jail records show George Camille Sallahlembou was arrested Tuesday and charged with vehicular manslaughter. Police say Billie Bratcher Prewett was killed in a crash June 7.
Al.com reports that authorities said Prewett's vehicle was broadsided by Sallahlembou's car. Prewett was pronounced dead at the scene and Sallahlembou was taken to UAB Hospital with serious injuries.
Irondale police Det. Sgt. Michael Mangina said Sallahlembou's speed was 82 mph at the point of impact with Prewett's vehicle.
Sallahlembou is being held in the county jail on $30,000 bond.
- Man arrested on felony charge after deadly crash in Alabama
- Mississippi man convicted of felony dogfighting charges
- New charges for Alabama man in deadly July 4 boating crash
- Man wanted on child molestation charges arrested in Alabama
- Alabama SGA president arrested after crash
- Alabama chief deputy arrested on theft charges
- Alabama city's mayor arrested on harassment charge
- Alabama man faces 6,547 child porn charges
- Alabama man charged with killing his father
- Alabama man charged in slaying of roommate