BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A man has been arrested and charged with murder in a weekend shooting death in Alabama that followed an argument between two men.
Al.com reported that Ronald Williams Johnson was arrested Monday afternoon.
Johnson is accused of killing 27-year-old Korey Carlisle Saturday afternoon. Birmingham police Sgt. Bryan Shelton said officers were called around 12:45 p.m. and found Carlisle dead at the bottom of a staircase.
Medical personnel pronounced him dead at the scene.
Shelton said investigators learned Carlisle drove to the location and talked with the suspect before he was shot. Investigators said the shooting involved an ongoing dispute between the men.
There was no word yet on an attorney for Johnson.
- Man arrested in Alabama in shooting death after argument
- Man arrested in Alabama apartment shooting death
- Man arrested in shooting death in Alabama custody exchange
- Police: Alabama teen shot dead after argument with man, 25
- Mississippi man dies in shooting following family argument
- Teen arrested in shooting death of Alabama football player
- Alabama man arrested in death of 42-year-old man
- Man arrested after shooting death of man, injuring 4 others
- Alabama man sentenced in shooting death of driver
- Man sentenced to death in Alabama for teen's fatal shooting