PRENTISS, Miss. (AP) — A man has been arrested after he was caught on camera dragging, choking and beating a puppy in southern Mississippi.
WDAM-TV reported Wednesday that Williams Harrison is charged with animal cruelty. A video of the abuse was captured Feb. 10 by a neighbor and shared on social media.
Court documents state that Harrison tortured the dog by choking him and hitting him in the head with a plastic leash handle. Shannon Stewart, a local animal advocate, says Harrison recently adopted the dog from the Columbia Animal Shelter.
Harrison is being held at the Jefferson Davis County Jail on a $1,000 bond.
- Man arrested after being caught on camera torturing dog
- Man dies after apprehension by police dog
- Mayor wants traffic cameras back in Jackson
- 2 indicted, arrested for deadly Marshall County dog attack
- Police: Hospital behavioral patient caught raping patient
- Police: Man shoots own dog instead of intended victim
- Man apprehended by police dog died from ruptured artery
- 17 dogs, 11 dog skulls found at Alabama dog-fighting ring
- Man arrested for multiple plant bomb threats
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing