BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say a man recorded a video underneath a woman's dress as she shopped at a Dollar General in Biloxi.
The Sun Herald reported Thursday that Frankie Denor McClendon Jr. has been arrested and charged with photographing for lewd purposes. The practice is known as "upskirting."
Biloxi police say the woman called officers, who then found McClendon outside and got permission to search his phone. Police Maj. Christopher De Back says in a release that officers then found a video of the woman from underneath her dress.
The penalty in Mississippi for taking lewd pictures is up to five years in prison if the victim is over 16 years old. It's unclear if McClendon has a lawyer.
- Man accused of 'upskirting' woman at Dollar General
- Man accused of attacking woman with sword
- Daycare owner accused of embezzling thousands of dollars
- Man accused of stabbing Mississippi woman to death
- Jurors get case of man accused of strangling, burning woman
- Man accused of mishandling gun, killing Mississippi woman
- Alabama man accused of biting off woman’s finger in fight
- Man accused of transporting undocumented immigrants, DUI
- Man accused of cyberstalking law enforcement page
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife