PICAYUNE, Miss. (WTVA) – Jerry Glenn Willis, 43, is now in custody after his girlfriend was doused with gasoline and set afire.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Willis was taken into custody in Monroe County, Arkansas, at approximately 2 p.m. on Friday, November 10.
Arkansas state troopers were called to Blackton, Ark., at approximately 1:15 p.m. where they found the 2014 Nissan Rouge burning that Willis is accused of taking from his girlfriend, Stacy Mitchell Frank, 46.
He is now being housed in the Monroe County, Ark., jail awaiting extradition to Mississippi.
He faces charges of attempted murder, felony taking of a motor vehicle and kidnapping.
Frank was found burned alive on Wednesday, November 8, on Highway 11 in Pearl River County, Miss.
She is now undergoing treatment at a Jackson hospital.
- Man accused of burning girlfriend arrested in Arkansas
- Arkansas man charged with helping al-Qaida
- Man arrested in slaying, burning of Alabama man
- Jurors get case of man accused of strangling, burning woman
- Mississippi man reports to Arkansas prison for Ponzi scheme
- Body found near Mississippi home may be missing Arkansas man
- Hepatitis A confirmed at Redfield, Arkansas, diner
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi
- Man gets 101 years for attempted rape, assault on girlfriend