JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers are reminding motorists to be careful during the New Year’s holiday.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin its New Year’s enforcement period on Monday, Dec. 31 at midnight.
It will conclude at the end of Jan. 1.
During this same period last year, troopers investigated 119 vehicle crashes, including one death.
“If plans include alcohol, please designate a sober driver before festivities start. No one should begin 2019 with being arrested, facing medical bills, legal fees, and perhaps losing their job,” stated Capt. John Poulos.
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- MHP: 1 death reported during Memorial Day period
- Troopers begin Christmas travel enforcement period
- State troopers prepare for July 4 holiday enforcement period
- Investigation begins into allegations of MHP cadet mistreatment
- UPDATE: Man accused of stealing MHP car captured during weekend
- MHP applauds trooper for rescue in Pike County