JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers are reminding motorists to be careful during the New Year’s holiday.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin its New Year’s enforcement period on Monday, Dec. 31 at midnight.
It will conclude at the end of Jan. 1.
During this same period last year, troopers investigated 119 vehicle crashes, including one death.
“If plans include alcohol, please designate a sober driver before festivities start. No one should begin 2019 with being arrested, facing medical bills, legal fees, and perhaps losing their job,” stated Capt. John Poulos.
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- Troopers starting Christmas enforcement period this week
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- Investigation begins into allegations of MHP cadet mistreatment
- UPDATE: Man accused of stealing MHP car captured during weekend
- MHP applauds trooper for rescue in Pike County
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Gunfire death rate increases in 7-year period in Alabama
- Man accused of cyberstalking law enforcement page