Update 05/28/19 - MHP: 1 death reported during the Memorial Day period
Original post below
JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol will start its Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday at midnight.
The period will end on Monday at midnight.
During the 2018 Memorial Day period, state troopers investigated 156 crashes including one death.
Troopers will be using safety checkpoints to promote seatbelt usage and remove impaired drivers from roadways.
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday
- MHP: 1 death reported during Memorial Day period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- Troopers starting Christmas enforcement period this week
- Investigation begins into allegations of MHP cadet mistreatment
- MHP begins Operation STOP, promoting safety at school bus zones
- State troopers prepare for July 4 holiday enforcement period
- MHP investigates 3 deaths during Labor Day holiday