JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers investigated three deaths during the 2019 Labor Day enforcement period.
During the enforcement period, which started on Friday and ended on Monday, troopers investigated a crash in Perry County that killed two people. Perry County is located southeast of Hattiesburg.
Troopers also investigated a fatal crash in Quitman County, which is located between Batesville and Clarksdale.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol investigated four deaths during the 2018 Labor Day enforcement period.
This year troopers made 216 DUI arrests.
Troopers made 44 DUI arrests in Troop F, which covers Union, Pontotoc, Lee, Itawamba, Prentiss, Tippah, Benton, Alcorn and Tishomingo counties.
They made 21 DUI arrests in Troop G, which covers Chickasaw, Calhoun, Monroe, Webster, Clay, Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Noxubee, Winston and Choctaw counties.
MHP conducts similar enforcement periods for other major holidays. During these enforcement periods, MHP uses all available troopers to promote highway safety.
- MHP investigates 3 deaths during Labor Day holiday
- MHP: 1 death reported during Memorial Day period
- MHP records 10 deaths during Thanksgiving period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- Investigation begins into allegations of MHP cadet mistreatment
- MHP says goodbye to Ford Crown Victoria
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- UPDATE: Man accused of stealing MHP car captured during weekend
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week