JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Conservation officers issued almost 400 citations during the July 4 holiday and weekend.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks issued a total of 386 citations during the 2019 Operation Dry Water Weekend.
The weekend enforcement period began on July 4 and ended Sunday night.
The goal of the enforcement period was to reduce the number of alcohol and drug-related accidents and fatalities on public waters.
Officers issued 35 citations for alcohol and drug-related offenses and 11 citations for boating under the influence (BUI).
Officers made approximately 2,000 safety checks on vessels that were on Mississippi’s public waters.
- MDWFP officers issued 386 citations during 'Operation Dry Water Weekend'
- Power surge leaves town operating water system by hand
- Residents sue Mississippi city amid water bill issues
- Alabama police probe moonshine operation
- 2 dogfighting operations found in Mississippi
- Man charged in southwest Mississippi dogfighting operation
- Company plans wood chipping operation in Mississippi
- Officials: Large Mississippi moonshine operation shut down
- Uber, Lyft can now operate across all of Alabama
- Agents bust moonshine operation in the Mississippi Delta