Update 10/19/18 9:09 a.m.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections says this escapee was captured Thursday night at a local Jackson shelter.
See the original post below.
CANTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A parolee from south Mississippi has escaped.
The parolee is identified as James Wesley Lee, 39.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections says he escaped from the Madison County Transitional Center in Canton Thursday.
He was wearing a white T-shirt and navy/khaki pants with blue and gray tennis shoes.
He was convicted in 2014 for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute in Rankin County.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to contact 662-745-6611.
- UPDATE: South Mississippi escapee captured
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- 1 of 3 south Mississippi jail escapees captured
- UPDATE: Yazoo County jail escapee captured
- UPDATE: Madison County jail escapee captured
- Search underway for south Mississippi escapee
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured
- 3 Leake County jail escapees captured, 1 still on the run
- 2 inmates escape Mississippi jail; 1 captured