HORN LAKE, Miss. (WTVA) - State investigators are in Horn Lake after a deadly officer-involved shooting, according to WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee.
A child called 911 Tuesday morning and said that his or her father shot his or her mother, District Attorney John Champion said.
Officers responded to the scene on Winterwood Drive, the TV station reports, and learned the man was inside a home with a weapon.
The district attorney said officers spoke to the man on one side of the house while other officers pulled the woman to safety on the other end of the house.
She is reportedly in “extremely critical condition,” WMC-TV reports.
Officers shot and killed the man when he would not comply with officers, Champion said.
Three children were inside the home at the time of the shooting but were not hurt.
Horn Lake is located south of Memphis, along the Mississippi and Tennessee state border.
- MBI investigating deadly officer-involved shooting in Horn Lake
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Clarksdale
- Health of Horn Lake shooting victim is improving
- MBI: Hostage/kidnapping situation led to officer-involved shooting in Canton
- UPDATE: MBI cancels silver alert; Jackson man found safe
- Mother of shooting suspect denies son's involvement
- Investigator: Camera footage shows man shooting 2 officers
- 2019 is turning into a deadly year for Alabama officers
- Ivey creates school safety council after deadly shooting
- Mississippi authorities investigate fatal shooting by deputy