JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Department of Corrections implemented a lockdown Friday across the entire state prison system after three state inmates escaped from separate facilities.
Suspended visits and privileges apply not only at the state prisons but at private prisons, regional facilities and community work centers.
Corrections officers noticed the inmates were gone during an inmate county Friday morning.
North Mississippi has no state prisons, but there is a private prison in Holly Springs.
Regional facilities are located in Corinth, Houston, Louisville and Vaiden, and there's a work center in Macon.
- Lockdown ordered in state prison system after inmate escapes
- 2 inmates escape from Alabama prison
- Two inmates with local connections escape from state prison
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- Police seek 2 escaped inmates near Mississippi prison
- 16 inmates die in Mississippi prison system in August
- Facing court order, prison system seeks funding increase
- Inmate assault puts cell block on lockdown in Mississippi
- Inmates captured after escaping correctional facility
- Alabama inmate escapes from work release center