JACKSON, Miss. (AP/WTVA) — A legendary rodeo clown who spent decades performing has died.
News outlets report 83-year-old Lecile Harris died in his sleep after the final performance of the 55th Annual Dixie National and Rodeo Livestock Show on Wednesday in Jackson.
Harris was known for his role on the television show “Hee Haw.” He was also inducted into the Mississippi Rodeo Hall of Fame and the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame.
He started out as a bull rider but switched to comedy after being hurt.
The Mississippi Fair Commission confirmed his death in a statement. Funeral plans have not been announced.
- Legendary rodeo clown Lecile Harris dead at 83
- Woman, 83, found dead; son booked into jail
- 83 dogs rescued from reported puppy mill in Alabama city
- Former Navy Secretary Mabus backs Harris for president
- Coahoma County woman found dead
- Missing Hattiesburg man found dead
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Three dead in Neshoba County collision
- Man, woman found dead in apartment
- Mississippi cigarette tax increases nearly dead