HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say they've captured the last of three inmates who escaped from a prison facility on the Alabama coast.
A statement from the Department of Corrections says federal marshals arrested 37-year-old Cory Allen Kingery in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover on Wednesday night.
Kingery fled a state work-release center in Loxley on Tuesday. He was among three prisoners who walked away from the minimum-security facility within a 24-hour period.
The other two men already have been captured.
Kingery is serving a two-year sentence for theft in Jefferson County.
- Last of 3 escaped inmates captured in Alabama
- Inmates captured after escaping correctional facility
- 2 inmates escape Mississippi jail; 1 captured
- Escaped Tennessee inmate captured after 5-day manhunt
- Escaped Alabama prisoner captured in West Virginia
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- 2 inmates escape from Alabama prison
- Alabama inmate escapes from work release center
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center
- Mississippi inmate captured 2 days after his escape