BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (The Daily Leader) — Jurors in a death penalty trial in Mississippi have seen video of Willie Cory Godbolt in the hours after he was accused of killing eight people including a sheriff’s deputy in 2017.
In one of the videos jurors saw on Sunday, Godbolt is seen and heard saying “I’m completely sorry and heartbroken about that deputy."
Godbolt has pleaded not guilty to four counts of capital murder, four counts of murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping and one count of armed robbery.
Jurors also saw cellphone video of Godbolt sitting in handcuffs, bleeding from a gunshot wound to his right arm.
- Jurors see video of Mississippi man charged with killing 8
- Distant jurors to hear trial for 8 killings in Mississippi
- Man arrested and charged with killing mom in Mississippi
- Mississippi man charged with killing wife in nursing home
- Fifth man charged with link to Mississippi officer's killing
- Mississippi man charged with setting fire, killing mother
- Jurors get case of man accused of strangling, burning woman
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Missouri man killed in Mississippi crash
- Man charged in southwest Mississippi dogfighting operation