YAZOO CITY, Miss. (AP) — A former Mississippi police officer has been convicted of being an accessory to murder and of participating in gang activity.
WLBT-TV reports Arsenio Robinson was found guilty Thursday.
Jurors agreed Robinson helped Fred Hogan by giving the Tchula resident his car keys after Hogan shot and killed Tahiti Banks in 2015. Hogan was convicted and sentenced to life in prison last year. Authorities say Hogan shot Banks four times, including three times in the head, at a Belzoni barbecue. They say Hogan was a Vice Lords gang member.
At the time, Robinson was a Greenville police officer. He was off duty and present when Hogan shot Banks.
Robinson was convicted by a Yazoo County jury after the case was transferred from Humphreys County.
He will be sentenced Tuesday in Belzoni.
- Jurors convict ex-police officer of aiding 2015 murder
- Alabama man convicted of killing couple next door in 2015
- Police look for Alabama murder convict who left work center
- Justices won't reconsider 3 overturned murder convictions
- Ex-police officer convicted of theft accused of shoplifting
- Former Alabama officer convicted of soliciting sex
- Jurors squabble over manslaughter mistrial of jail nurse
- Jurors find physician guilty in pharmacy fraud case
- Jurors get case of man accused of strangling, burning woman
- Alabama judge declares mistrial after juror's web search