JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Thursday’s storms forced the Jackson Zoo to temporarily close to clean up debris and damage.
The animals and staff members are ok, according to the zoo’s Facebook page.
The storm knocked down trees and power lines, leading to Friday’s closure.
However, the zoo confirmed it will reopen on Saturday.
- Storms impact Jackson Zoo
- Jackson Zoo workers get pay cuts as revenue keeps falling
- Mississippi demands Jackson Zoo repay $350K in bond money
- Atlanta zoo mourns death of tiger on loan from Jackson Zoo
- Alabama tax deadline extended for people impacted by storms
- Mississippi city's mayor opposes relocating zoo
- Mayor wants traffic cameras back in Jackson
- Man killed in parking shooting in Jackson
- Downtown Jackson park reopens after private overhaul
- Jackson mayor names new interim police chief