JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Department of Public Safey (DPS) announced Monday it has ordered an "aggressive internal investigation into allegations of mistreatment of cadets in MHP Class 62 by MHP personnel."
No specific information was released concerning these allegations.
DPS Commissioner Marshall Fisher stated, "These are very serious allegations that will not be tolerated in any form and any personnel found to have committed any act of misconduct will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law."
DPS says Class 62 is scheduled to graduate on March 6.
- Investigation begins into allegations of MHP cadet mistreatment
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday
- MHP begins Operation STOP, promoting safety at school bus zones
- MHP investigates 3 deaths during Labor Day holiday
- Mississippi to train new highway patrol cadets
- Trooper: Cadets were forced to make abuse claims
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- UPDATE: Man accused of stealing MHP car captured during weekend
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week