PEARL, Miss. (AP) — An inmate serving four sentences has died in a Mississippi prison.
News outlets reported that 32-year-old Lemario Smoot died Monday at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility near Pearl.
Smoot was serving 16 years for convictions in Hinds, Madison and Warren counties. Those included felony driving under the influence, robbery and fleeing from police.
A news release from the Mississippi Department of Corrections said he was pronounced dead in the infirmary shortly after 5:00 p.m. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
- Inmate with 4 convictions dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Jury convicts Mississippi inmate for 2018 prison escape
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging
- Coroner: Inmate dies, found hanging at a Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies at privately run prison in north Mississippi
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Inmate found dead at south Mississippi prison