PEARL, Miss. (AP) — An inmate serving four sentences has died in a Mississippi prison.
News outlets reported that 32-year-old Lemario Smoot died Monday at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility near Pearl.
Smoot was serving 16 years for convictions in Hinds, Madison and Warren counties. Those included felony driving under the influence, robbery and fleeing from police.
A news release from the Mississippi Department of Corrections said he was pronounced dead in the infirmary shortly after 5:00 p.m. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
- Inmate with 4 convictions dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Inmate convicted of giving fatal buttocks injection dies
- 16 inmates die in Mississippi prison system in August
- Inmate found unresponsive in cell at Mississippi prison
- Police seek 2 escaped inmates near Mississippi prison