JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi prison officials say an inmate has died at the South Mississippi Correctional Institution in Leakesville.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections said 48-year-old Troy Michael Daughtery was found unconscious in his bed Saturday evening.
He did not respond to CPR.
The prison system said foul play is not suspected, but an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death. Daughtery was serving a life sentence for a murder conviction.
- Inmate found dead at south Mississippi prison
- Inmate found dead in South Mississippi jail
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Coroner: Inmate dies, found hanging at a Mississippi prison
- Inmate found unresponsive in cell at Mississippi prison
- Inmate found dead at Parchman
- Alabama inmate who killed 2 found dead in prison infirmary
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison