WOODVILLE, Miss. (AP) — An inmate has been found dead in a Mississippi jail after a dispute with his cellmate.
WLBT-TV reports that officers in the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility found Thomas Burks unresponsive in his cell early Wednesday.
Medical staff did CPR, but could not revive him.
An autopsy is being done, and the death is under investigation.
- Inmate dies in a Mississippi jail, investigation underway
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate found dead in South Mississippi jail
- 2 inmates escape Mississippi jail; 1 captured
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Mississippi county settles case with inmate beaten in jail
- 2nd inmate death reported at Mississippi county jail
- Mississippi inmate once on FBI's Most Wanted list dies