MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Alabama Historical Commission has received state funding to distribute $750,000 in grants to historical sites in the state.
WSFA-TV reports the organization is accepting applications from historical sites for grants up to $20,000 to help improves their educational programs. The AHC says applicants must complete an online application on its website and hand delivered to the organization's office.
The grants will be awarded to public or private entities that have an educational-based mission and concentration on education.
- Historical sites to receive $750,000 in grants in Alabama
- Former county administrator sentenced for stealing $750,000
- Historic building to receive $2 million in sale in Alabama
- UAB stroke study receives $20 million grant
- Mississippi receiving federal grant for preschool programs
- Firefighters battle fire at historic Alabama house
- Alabama building wins national historical renovation award
- Alabama aviation school gets expansion grant
- Ceremony set at Google site in northeast Alabama
- Group hopes several Alabama sites won't fade from history