HORN LAKE, Miss. (WTVA) - The health of a shooting victim who was seriously injured in Horn Lake is improving.
The Tuesday morning shooting resulted in a deadly officer-involved shooting.
According to WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee, the shooting victim, an unnamed woman, is now listed in fair condition as of Wednesday.
District Attorney John Champion said the woman’s husband shot her Tuesday morning.
Previous Article - MBI investigating deadly officer-involved shooting in Horn Lake
Three children were inside the home at the time of the shooting. One child called 911, Champion said. The children were not hurt.
Responding law enforcement officers were able to pull the woman away from the home.
Officers shot and killed the man when he would not comply with them, Champion said.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is looking into the officer-involved shooting.
- Health of Horn Lake shooting victim is improving
- MBI investigating deadly officer-involved shooting in Horn Lake
- Accidental shooting victim's father sentenced
- Police: Man shoots own dog instead of intended victim
- Man charged with robbery after victim shoots himself
- House approves $85 million for prison improvements
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Man's body found in Mississippi lake
- Alabama crews recover small plane from lake
- Mississippi jobless rate and payrolls improve in October