MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say someone fired shots at a courthouse in Alabama.
News outlets report that several windows at the Montgomery County Courthouse were shattered by gunfire early Friday morning.
Chief Deputy Kevin Murphy says the incident happened around 2:06 a.m. when someone drove up and unleashed gunfire.
Authorities have not been able to locate shell casings and do not have any suspects or a motive.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Gunfire shatters windows at Alabama courthouse
- Window struck by gunfire at Topgolf in Alabama; no one hurt
- Gunfire death rate increases in 7-year period in Alabama
- Gunfire ends Lil Baby concert in Alabama; 1 injured
- Sheriff: 2 Alabama inmates planned to bomb a courthouse
- Man crashes pickup truck into Mississippi courthouse
- 5 wounded by gunfire at Mississippi restaurant and lounge
- Police: Narcotics officers hit armed man in gunfire exchange
- Oh, shoot: Random gunfire in city could get larger penalty
- US Courthouse in Jackson named for retired Sen. Cochran