TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Funeral services are set in Tuscaloosa for a police officer who was killed in the line of duty.
A memorial is planned for noon Sunday for investigator Dornell Cousette, who was shot to death while trying to make an arrest on Monday.
The funeral will be held in the gymnasium of Shelton State Community College, and burial will follow in Cousette's hometown of Aliceville.
Cousette was fatally wounded after following a suspect into a house. A suspect is in custody, charged with capital murder in the fatal shooting.
The 40-year-old Cousette is survived by two daughters and his fiance. He was a military veteran and had been with the Tuscaloosa Police Department for 13 years.
- Funeral services set for slain Alabama officer
- Funeral set for Alabama officer slain in Mobile
- Hundreds throng funeral for slain Biloxi police officer
- Alabama police capture suspect; 1 officer slain, 2 wounded
- Funerals set for 2 Mississippi officers killed last week
- Funeral held in St. Louis suburb for slain Ole Miss student
- 2 more men arrested after Mississippi police officer slain
- Alabama set to execute inmate in '85 police officer killing
- Funerals planned in Alabama town where 3 cheerleaders died
- Motorcyclist dies on way to police officer's funeral