VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Former Vicksburg Mayor Demery Grubbs has joined a Jackson law firm as a senior government relations advisor in the firm's public finance, tax incentives and credit markets group and its regulatory and government relations group.
The Vicksburg Post reports Grubbs will be working with Butler Snow on a part-time basis.
Butler Snow Chairman Donald Clark Jr. says Grubbs brings extensive government and public service experience to the firm's public finance group. He says Grubbs will provide experienced counsel as they continue to grow the practice.
Grubbs served as a Vicksburg Alderman in 1977 and was mayor from 1978 to 1988, when he left to work for the Mississippi Municipal League.
Information from: The Vicksburg Post, http://www.vicksburgpost.com
- Former Vicksburg Mayor Demery Grubbs joins law firm
- Vicksburg mayor considering 2019 run for Mississippi lt. gov
- Vicksburg Margaritaville to open June 20
- Vicksburg Police probe shooting of teen
- Vicksburg suspends some bills for federal workers
- Vicksburg National Military Park seeks history re-enactors
- 3 boys near Vicksburg find part of a mastodon jawbone
- Drone will give Vicksburg police an eye in the sky
- Fire chief: 3 fires in Vicksburg intentionally set
- Mississippi transfers former rubber plant site to Vicksburg