ONEONTA, Ala. (AP) — Prosecutors say a former Alabama police officer has pleaded guilty to sex crimes involving a 15-year-old boy in 2017.
The Blount County District Attorney's Office tells news outlets that former Oneonta police sergeant Shane Osborne entered a blind plea Monday as prosecutors were getting ready to make their opening statement in County Circuit Court. The plea means no plea deal was made prior and the judge will decide what sentence to impose.
Authorities say Osborne met the teenager through the app Grindr. They say the then-39-year-old was on duty when he drove the teen to a church parking lot and had sex in his patrol car.
District Attorney Pamela Casey says Osborne entered the plea to electronic solicitation of a child, second-degree sodomy and other charges.
It's unclear if Osborne has a lawyer who could comment.
- Ex-Alabama police officer pleads guilty to child sex crimes
- Veteran to get surgery then plead guilty to child-sex crimes
- Alabama man pleads guilty to producing child pornography
- Alabama foster parent pleads guilty to child abuse charges
- Former Alabama officers pleads guilty to insurance fraud
- Alabama police officer arrested on sex abuse charges
- Crystal Springs veterinarian charged with child sex crimes
- Former Alabama officer convicted of soliciting sex
- Former Alabama police officer indicted in child porn case
- Former jailer pleads guilty to illegal sex with inmate