MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an escaped Alabama prisoner has been captured in West Virginia.
A statement from the Alabama Department of Corrections say 32-year-old Justin Miles Sheppard was arrested Sunday night by state police in Princeton, West Virginia.
A news release says Sheppard surrendered without a struggle, but it doesn't give further details on the arrest.
Sheppard went missing early Saturday from a state work-release center in Loxley, located on the Gulf Coast.
The man was serving a five-year sentence for a 2015 arson conviction from Marshall County, located in north Alabama.
- Escaped Alabama prisoner captured in West Virginia
- 2 inmates escape from Alabama prison
- Multiple escapes reported from Alabama prison facility
- Last of 3 escaped inmates captured in Alabama
- Inmates captured after escaping correctional facility
- 2 inmates escape Mississippi jail; 1 captured
- Escaped Tennessee inmate captured after 5-day manhunt
- Alabama man convicted of sex trafficking escapes prison
- Mississippi lawmaker seeks investigation of prison escape
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center