DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — A middle school band director in the Dothan City School system faces a charge related to the alleged solicitation of a sex act with a student.
The Dothan Eagle reports Phillip Burns, of Dothan, was arrested Friday on one misdemeanor count of school employee soliciting a sex act with a student under the age of 19.
Dothan Police investigators were notified of allegations against Burns, who works at Girard Middle School as a band director. He also works at Northview High School.
Police say Burns engaged in a sexually explicit conversation with a student via a social messaging app.
Schools Superintendent Phyllis Edwards says Burns has been placed on administrative leave pending a hearing.
Burns is being held at the Dothan City Jail. It's unknown if he has an attorney.
- Dothan City Schools employee arrested for soliciting sex
- Dothan School Board chooses Edwards for superintendent
- Dothan HS teacher charged with having sex with student
- Former Alabama officer convicted of soliciting sex
- Mississippi employee arrested for embezzlement
- Decatur City Schools want to hire 300 substitute employees
- Alabama man, 21, accused of soliciting 14-year-old online
- City restores bar on employees campaigning in elections
- Prominent Alabama evangelist arrested on child sex charges
- Alabama police officer arrested on sex abuse charges