GREENWOOD, Miss. (AP) — A crop duster has died after a crash between Greenwood and Itta Bena.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports 37-year-old Jimmy E. Risher died about 5:15 p.m. Monday after his 2015 AT-802 plane went down in a field.
Leflore County Coroner Debra Sanders says Risher lived in Sidon and worked for Ag Concepts out of Morgan City, Mississippi, for five years.
Sanders says Risher was spraying a field for farmer Ray Makamson when the plane went down.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
- Crop duster pilot dies in crash
- Los Angeles pilot dies in Alabama crash
- Pilot dies after his ultralight plane crashes in Alabama
- Pilot killed when small plane crashes in south Mississippi
- Officials identify pilot in fatal Alabama helicopter crash
- Plane linked to Mississippi crashes near in Cincinatti, pilot identified
- FAA to probe medical certification of pilot injured in crash
- Alabama farmer pleads guilty in $919K crop insurance scam
- Mississippi police officer dies after 1-vehicle crash
- Engaged Louisiana corporal dies in Mississippi crash