PARCHMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman died of natural causes, according to Coahoma County Coroner Scotty Meredith.
A chaplain at the state prison notified Sunflower County Coroner Heather Burton early Wednesday morning about the death of inmate A.D. Mills.
According to her, Meredith pronounced Mills dead shortly after midnight Wednesday at the hospital in Clarksdale.
His death marks the fourth inmate death at Parchman since the beginning of the new year, two of which were gang-related.
- Coroner: Parchman inmate dies of natural causes
- Coroner identifies deceased Parchman inmate
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- MDOC identifies dead Parchman inmate
- Inmate found dead at Parchman
- Parchman inmate who died had Lee County convictions
- Parchman inmate found dead Wednesday morning
- Coroner: Inmate dies, found hanging at a Mississippi prison
- Items seized from inmates during contraband search at Parchman