JASPER, Ala. (AP) — Lighting has struck a pastor in Alabama following church service.
WBMA-TV reports that Walker County dispatchers sent the Argo Area Volunteer Fire Department to the Argo Church of God Sunday afternoon. Firefighters discovered Pastor Ricky Adams had been hit by an indirect lightning strike.
The pastor says he went to lock the church's front door and was holding it when the lighting struck nearby and shocked him.
Fire Chief Terry Pickett says the pastor was alert and talking when first responders arrived. Pickett says he has been in fire service for nearly 30 years and had never been called out for a lightning strike.
He says Adams didn't suffer any major injuries and didn't need to be transported to a hospital.
Adams says, "the Lord had his hand on me."
- Church pastor struck by lightning: 'Lord had his hand on me'
- Police: Pastor robbed at Alabama church parking lot
- Pastor shot to death while unlocking Mississippi church
- Police: 3rd arrest in shooting of Mississippi church pastor
- Youth pastor pleads guilty to abusing child on church trip
- Man struck by train in Hattiesburg
- Sheriff: Man poses as pastor to scam money from donors
- Alabama children's pastor indicted on sex abuse charges
- Second man arrested in shooting death of Mississippi pastor
- Former Alabama youth pastor sentenced for child sex abuse