JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Authorities in Mississippi have dropped neglect charges against the owner of a home where a 5-year-old boy was found dead in September.
Meridian Police Chief Benny Dubose says there was not evidence to support charging Alicia Thames with contributing to the neglect of a minor.
Jakie Toole | Source: WTOK
Celeste Smith | Source: WTOK
The body of Jakie Toole was found wrapped in a bag in Thames' basement, where his caregiver Celeste Louise Smith had been living.
Smith directed police to the body and is charged with capital murder.
Smith also cared for another child.
Their mother, Teasia Warren, is charged with two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- Charges dropped against homeowner in Mississippi boy's death
- 3 men charged with Mississippi weekend death
- Police drop capital murder charge against Mississippi teen
- Mississippi could drop high school history exam
- Men, boy charged in Mississippi after shot fired at deputies
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi
- Mississippi man charged in the death of his wife
- Charges dismissed in June death of Mississippi 'Peanut Man'
- Mississippi man charged with manslaughter in father's death
- Mississippi couple now charged with abuse in child's death