MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Carnival Cruise Line says a passenger is missing on a cruise ship from Alabama.
Carnival tells news outlets in a statement that the male passenger was reported missing as the Carnival Fantasy was bound for Progreso, Mexico.
The ship is on a five-day cruise and left Mobile on Saturday. It left Progreso at the scheduled time Monday afternoon with no indication that the person was found.
The Fantasy was on its way to Cozumel, Mexico, Monday night and was set to dock there Tuesday.
Vance Gulliksen with Carnival says several announcements have been made and a ship-wide search is underway. Mexican authorities are providing assistance.
Carnival hasn't announced plans to shorten or stop the cruise.
- Carnival: Passenger reported missing on cruise from Alabama
- Man convicted of killing carnival boss executed in Alabama
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Atlanta-based rapper, promoter reported missing in Alabama
- Sheriff: Alabama girl reported missing has been found dead
- Report: Mysterious boom heard in Alabama
- Multiple escapes reported from Alabama prison facility
- Alabama officials investigate high school hazing report
- Police: Body of missing Alabama toddler found
- Sheriff: 5 people injured during reported tornado in Alabama